“We are fortunate enough to live in a country where all people are protected against crimes based upon their race or sexual orientation. That’s a blessing because everyone in this world doesn’t have that privilege and right. I think that is sad and unfortunate that someone would misuse that right and play this card that they have been gay-bashed or been attacked and then call someone a homophobe. I’m also disappointed in the community, in particular certain members of the LGBT community, who have not done their due diligence to make sure that if someone is saying this – that what they’re saying is true. In particular, that [openly-gay] Councilman [Corey Johnson] in that area who said so many horrible things about me to his constituents. I don’t understand why he would call me a homophobe.”
That statement is how New York HIV/AIDS counselor and ballroom community leader Bayna-Lehkiem El-Amin described his most stressful moment as racist gay media blogs and writers and New York gay politicians manipulated mainstream media, NYPD and a more-divided gay community by selfishly sensationalizing a story around a Manhattan restaurant scuffle that took place on May 5, 2015.
CONTINUE...
No comments :
Post a Comment