By Bryna Zumer
I was intrigued by the recent controversy over a decision to cut a gay scene from Bel Air High School's production of "Almost, Maine," which was ultimately reversed after the American Civil Liberties Union complained.
If you missed the story on our website, Harford County school officials forced the high school's drama company to pull the scene, in which two young men realize they are attracted to each other. (The show, which opened Thursday, doesn't include any physical contact between them or graphic language.)
The ACLU wrote a letter condemning the decision, and school officials actually changed their mind.
It was Spirit Week (in which every day has a different clothing theme). One of the Spirit days was scheduled to be Cross-Dress Day.
As far as I know, students didn't think twice about this, and I didn't hear anyone discuss it or express any qualms leading up to Spirit Week.
Read more at Explore Harford...
No comments :
Post a Comment